All material published by the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) is copyrighted by ONS and protected under U.S. copyright law. Unauthorized reproduction or online posting of ONS copyrighted content is strictly prohibited. Permission from ONS is required to post online, reuse, reprint, photocopy, display, or otherwise reproduce for any purpose full articles or tables, figures, and text excerpts that have appeared on the ONS website or in ONS books, journals, booklets, syllabi, brochures, e-conferences, courses, or other ONS publications/products. Please allow two to four weeks for processing of your permission request. A permission or licensing fee may apply.
Book Material Permission
Journal Material Permission
To request permission to reuse or adapt journal content such as tables, figures, appendices, excerpts, etc., or to post a journal article online, fully complete the editable fields on the permissions request form and send it to email@example.com.
To request permission to photocopy journal articles, direct your inquiry to
Copyright Clearance Center, Inc.
222 Rosewood Dr.
Danvers, MA 01923
Requests for the following also should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To reuse material other than ONS book and journal material
- To reprint material that you originally authored
- To reprint material for an ONS, Jones and Bartlett, APON, or Castle Connolly Graduate Medical Publishing and Professional Publishing Group publication (Please fully complete the editable fields on the permission request form and return it to email@example.com.)
- Photocopy an article: "fair use" under U.S. copyright law provides for single copies only. If you wish to make more than a single copy of any material, you must contact the Copyright Clearance Center.
- ONS Voice: Blanket permission for copying any material in ONS Voice is granted to ONS members. Requests from nonmembers for more than one copy should be directed to the Copyright Clearance Center.
- ONS positions: ONS positions may be downloaded from the ONS website and reprinted without permission.
Accessing Current and Back Issues
- ONF and CJON (2002–present): ONS members can access online (free of charge) full-text issues of Oncology Nursing Forum and Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing dating back to 2002. (One-time registration using their ONS ID number is required.) Nonmembers can view articles on a pay-per-view basis.
- ONF and CJON (before 2002): To request an article that was published before 2002, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ONS Voice: The current and past issues are available to both members and nonmembers.
Professionally produced copies of single ONF, CJON, and ONS Voice articles or columns printed in black and white or color on high-quality coated paper with attractive covers are available by contacting email@example.com. Electronic format is also available.
ONS Translation Policy
Many ONS publications are of value to international oncology caregivers, and we welcome the opportunity to partner with you to bring ONS content to non-English-speaking audiences. Individuals, publishers, and all other parties must contact ONS to request permission to translate ONS publications. To request permission, complete the editable fields on the translation request form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. ONS will evaluate and respond to each request. Translating ONS copyrighted content without permission is strictly prohibited.